Sunday, May 6, 2012

I'll get to it....

It seems that my last post has been quite a while ago. I know that many things have happened in the past 6 months that are blogworthy, but I've just not seemed interested in posting. I keep thinking to myself, "oh! that'd be a funny story for the blog, I'll get to it" Turns out I never really got to it.

Maybe it is because I stopped carrying my camera around with me. I've decided that I hate taking pictures. Too much work to stop what I am doing, pull out a camera, get the right setting and snap a photo. Bleh, can't stand it. I need to work on my attitude a little bit. What is a blog without pictures? Nobody likes to just read words on the screen. BORING.

Ok, I'll work on taking more pictures and blogging. I'll get to it.

The truth is that I've been avoiding my blog a little bit. I didn't want to write a post that was sad, but sometimes you just have to.







We lost our best friend Spencer in February. We had been treating him for cancer and it began to take too much of a toll on his body. Of course, no one ever wants to lose a pet. The dalmatians we lost before Spencer (Riley and Jester) did not live out the full lives. Riley died at 4 and Jester died at 7. Old man Spencer made it to 12.5! We had never put a dog to sleep before. It was very difficult, but also peaceful knowing that he would no longer be suffering. It is difficult watching your dog's health decline. It happened slowly with Spencer and then one day I just knew that he really wasn't having a good time in this world. That was a tough day. 

Anyhoo, I guess I have to start updating this thing a bit more frequently and perhaps take some more pictures. We've got some weekend trips coming up soon so I guess I'll drag out the old clunky camera and take some pictures to keep things interesting. 

Don't worry, I'll get to it.


2 comments:

  1. Its hard to write, but hopefully gives you some peace. Feel for you guys! I do love your stories so share away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about Spencer, didn't know..

    ReplyDelete