Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Cyclocross!



Last year, a bunch of the women on our team dressed up as roller derby girls. We had a lot of fun with our costumes and I was inspired to do a themed costume race once again.  Our theme this year was a tribute to our sponsors - Olympia Orthopaedic Associates. They are our title sponsor and were nice enough to lend us scrubs and patient gowns for our costumes. Everyone had their own spin on their costumes. I volunteered Brian to be a patient and wear a fake ass sticking out of his patient gown. It was priceless!

Here are some pictures of Brian and Derik's costume:

Picture by Laurie O'Brien




Here is a group shot of us before the race.

It was a rainy, muddy race and consequently our costumes got really really wet.

I took a different spin on the costume idea. I think if you are going to race in a costume, it should be as skimpy as possible. The skimpy is necessary so that you aren't hampered by extra material and you can breath in your costume. My research in this field has led me to realize that the only type of truly functional cyclocross race costume is one that is skimpy, aka slutty. So - that is what I did!

They key piece to my costume was a push-up bra. It wasn't just any push-up bra. The tag said it GUARANTEED to give you an additional 2 cup sizes. I'll take it! The sad part is, I think that people really do buy these bras to wear on a regular basis.

Here is little Bitz - she somehow stole my bra. It looks good on her!


And here is the end result on me. That bra worked amazingly well.


The finished look!
I couldn't stop grabbing them. Seriously, if you poked me, I wouldn't even be able to feel it through all of that padding. My biggest worry was whether the ladies would stay put during the race. They did, I am thankful for that.

We had a fun race. I'm glad we dressed up as a team. Here are some other photos of my teammates.

Michelle, Stef and Karen
Mud fest
Kat and her husband Cole

Can't wait until next year. Hoping we can come up with a theme that is just as good!

No comments:

Post a Comment